Most corporations lack the expertise and tools to responsibly secure, manage and audit FTP usage. We offer a File Transfer Analysis to help you understand the amount and type of FTP activity that is taking place in your organization as well as the tools and processes in place to manage and audit FTP usage.
Why do you need a File Transfer Analysis?
- FTP is available on virtually every platform in the enterprise and requires very little training to use.
- FTP is the quickest and most accessible file transfer solution in the enterprise.
- It is common for large companies to have tens of millions of file transfers per year.
- Most, if not all, FTP file transfers are completely unsecured.
- Unsecured FTPs send logon information and data in clear text.
- Regulations like HIPAA, SOX, Graham-Leach-Bliley and FISMA require you to transfer data responsibly.
- FTP is an integral part of production workload these days and can impact service level agreements.
- File transfers are probably happening that management wouldn’t approve
- Sensitive data is being transferred in and out of the enterprise without proper oversight and safeguards.
- Management assumes FTP is being managed responsibly.
Typical Scope of an Analysis
SAC’s FTP Analysis looks at the overall FTP environment in your organization (both IBM Mainframe and distributed systems).
It is particularly focused on identifying areas of exposure so action can be taken to secure them.
Specifically, we look at:
- Where are FTP servers running? Are they unnecessarily exposed to unauthorized use?
- Who is using FTP?
- What has a user transferred using FTP?
- What data is being transferred in and out of the organization?
- Who is transmitting sensitive data?
- What remote locations are accessing the company’s FTP servers?
- Which FTP servers create unnecessary exposure?
Includes 30 days use of the Sentry Analytics™ File Transfer Analytics Suite
As part of the FTP Analysis we install the Sentry Analytics™ File Transfer Analytics Suite to perform a comprehensive audit of the FTP activity in your company. In addition to our written Assessment, you will be able to use all products for 30 days. This will allow you to see everything you want to know about FTP usage. Start with summary information and drill down to detail information and get an unprecedented look at FTP usage in your organization.